2021-22 Lettings Process
This year the letting process is going to be a little different, but rest assured we’re still here to help you secure your home safely for the next academic year!
Please ensure you read this information prior to booking a viewing! We’re asking all our prospective tenants to have the relevant information ready to make the process of securing a new home as easy as possible!
Once you’ve seen a property that you’re interested in just get in touch! We’re in the process of collecting video tours for our properties and if we have one for the one, you’re interested in we’ll send that through.
How to reserve a property following your viewing!
We will need the following from the whole group!
- Step 1: Application Form: You will need to nominate a lead tenant who will be responsible for paying the quarterly rents in one single payment. Then everyone needs to click on this link to fill in our application: “Bristol Student Lets Tenant Application“
- Step 2: An e-mail to email@example.com from the LEAD TENANT, expressing your wish to take the property (title the e-mail in CAPITALS!). Within that e-mail, confirm you have filled in the application form & attach the following documents:
– Copy of ALL Tenants Photo ID attached to that e-mail (accepted forms of ID; Passport or Driving License, provisional is fine too!)
– Copy of ALL Guarantors Photo ID (accepted forms of ID; Passport or Driving License) and proof of address for the Guarantor (Utility bill dated within the last 3 months)
– Overseas Students – If you do not have a UK based Guarantor please be aware that we will require the rent to be paid in two six monthly instalments or in some cases we will need the full 12 months’ rent in advance
We will then confirm the success (or not) of your application, at which point we’ll send a HOLDING DEPOSIT e-mail which you need to complete, and send back further documentation:
- Tenancy Agreement (to be signed by all Tenants via DocuSign)
- Completed UK Guarantor Form (returned via email or via DocuSign when provided with a guarantor email)
- (to be signed by individual Guarantors via DocuSign)
- Tenant reference request form
Once we have received all the required information from everyone, we will send confirmation that the Property is now reserved for your group.
During the viewing
We would prefer if 2 people attend & 1 does a live video tour with the rest of the group. If you can just make sure those that attend will need to wear a mask throughout the viewing, sanitize their hands before entering, not touch any surfaces and adhere to the most up to date Government Guidelines that would be great!
If the current tenants are isolating, we will aim to give you as much notice as possible but please be aware in some cases this may not be possible. We will re-schedule the viewing when safe to do so.
Securing the property
If you are all happy to proceed, we will require the tenancy agreement to be signed and the full deposit to be paid with 7 days of paying the holding fee.
Once everything has been completed, we’ll be in touch closer to the time to arrange key collection!